Monday 23 April 2012

"Consumer Friendly, dreams and reality"

For me T.V. programmes about the automotive industry can be extremely entertaining but at the same time saddening as I know without a doubt I will probably never get to drive that new Ford never mind a Ferrari being shown on the show or afford that new piece of automotive equipment/accessory just released onto the market,but I here to talk about consumer friendliness in today's automotive  T.V. shows.

I for one dream of having a job like the presenters of T.V. shows like "Top Gear" do, getting to travel the world, driving cars from every corner of the globe (cars that cost more than your average house) through deep forest riddled valleys and over rocky mountainous windy roads, competing in challenges that amaze and entertain the viewers every week. I know that these dreams will most probably never come true, but one can dream right ?


These shows have become larger than life! they have become like action films (demonstrated by the picture of "Top Gear" above) but that is what a large percentage of the audience want nowadays. Cars that only a very minuscule percentage of the worlds population will ever get a chance to drive never mind own, cars being shown to the people who tune in "just to dream", that being the only chance they may ever get to see the cars in action and come close to their dream.

Now don't get me wrong, these shows like "Top Gear" are amazingly entertaining but they have become dislodged from the reality that is the audiences consumer limits, these shows are not always consumer friendly but they wouldn't be entertaining if they were, would they ?

I loving all things automotive came across a show which I have now watched for the guts of a year or so, it is     consumer friendly and at the same time entertaining, its helpful to those with a not so large budget for vehicles and/or their modifications, this show is a show created and run on Youtube, ran by friends, its called "Mighty Car Mods", (http://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods)


"Mighty Car Mods" is Australian Youtube channel that has built an impressive following of over seventy thousand subscribers from all around the world, this show is budgeted mainly with the creators own money, and "Mighty Car Mods" has gained the sponsorship of three companies (Just car insurance, Go Fast Bits and Recaro) through pure dedication by those who run it! (there are many more similar on Youtube)

Both "bigger than life" shows and consumer friendly shows are enjoyable and entertaining but while both are entertaining, the consumer friendly show is more helpful as the people who watch can afford what's on display (in most cases) and so the audience can relate more to the presenters and the show its self.

I as I'm sure many others wish they were in a position to be a presenter or even just involved in a show like "Top Gear" but the odds of that being so small make people (me included) stop dreaming of being given such a chance.

I will say one thing, if your into the automotive scene/industry as much as I am, why not start to create your own videos like "Mighty Car Mods" did, something may come of it, if you don't have the equipment to make your own videos why not blog your thoughts and views like me on the automotive industry, you won't gain thousands or even hundreds of followers overnight but eventually people will follow if you show passion and motivation within your work, anything can happen if you give in time!

Again if you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it stay tuned every Monday for a new post, share this with your friends, tweet it anything you can to help would be appreciated, Follow me on twitter    (http://twitter.com/davidholmes_fpp ) send me ideas of what you want me to talk about and all that good stuff.
These are my views
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment